May 30, 2010

Die Casting Die's Component - Mold Base



In recent months, I am sick and tired of my colleague's jeers. They mock at me for insufficient knowledge of mold. Though my professional is business sales, I must wake up to the fact that I do not understand my company's products - die casting dies very well. Whether I like it or not, I have to cross over my professional into engineering.


I made a plan; I would step into the working area every day to see the every courses of manufacturing. I am ready to catch balls.


Today, I am learing how to tell the difference between ejector mold base and cover mold base. See attached photos; I picked up on several issues and sum up as following.


Cover mold base, basically at our design in Taiwan, it contains

1) a through shot hole
2) 4 pieces of guide pins








Ejector mold base, basically at our design in Taiwan, it contains

1) 4 pieces of return pins
2) ejector pins in the runner area





Above are just for common designs; die's layout is subject to part's structure. Sometimes return pins will be showed up in Cover mold base as well. In short, it takes time for me to get it.


Giant Union Industrial Co., Ltd

gutw@gudiemaker.com

http://www.gudiemaker.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment